Report: Leading Players On NFL Teams Most Likely To Be Acquired At NFL Draft Lottery

football

By Tomas McRobotface

NEW YORK—Describing statistics from the 2008 and 2009 drafts, a report released Wednesday by the University of New Mexico found that the number one result of NFL draft Lottery draws are usually the players selected with the highest overall draft stock. “Based on the results of over 60,000 complex statistical models, we can accurately estimate how many players will be selected with a high draft pick, and we can then estimate how much money they will make over the course of their careers,” said lead author Dr. Benjamin Comer, adding that the overwhelming majority of Lottery winners are likely to be drafted by teams that already have extremely high draft picks. “We found that, of the players who were selected with the highest overall draft pick, about 95 percent are likely to be successful at the NFL level, with the remaining 5 percent likely to either be drafted in the first round or to retire early. Of the other 5 percent, however, we found that only 5 percent are likely to be successful, and therefore, in the long run, the money will ultimately be wiped away.” Comer added that the findings of the report were likely to be replicated for future drafts as no players drafted in the first round have been selected in the past two drafts, putting the onus entirely on owners to make sure their team’s team is in actual championship contention.

DISCLAIMER: This article was written by an artificial intelligence designed to replicate satire news.
Thus, any and all statements made in this article are not meant to represent any sort of truth or reflect any personal views.


You may also like: